summary- you cannot leave a subaward off the budget in any year. If thye are getting no funding in one year, use the following guide
cannot be inactive
Provide the following information for inactive budget periods:
- Organization DUNS
- Budget Type = Subaward/Consortium
- Budget Period Start/End Dates (align with budget periods and dates of the prime budget)
- In section A: Senior/Key Person, provide a single entry including the following:
- PD/PI or subaward lead First and Last names
- Project Role (may default to PD/PI; can be adjusted as needed)
- Calendar Months = .01 (smallest amount effort allowed in the field)
- Requested Salary = $0
- Fringe Benefits = $0
- Explanation of the inactive budget periods in the budget justification
– See more at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-073.html#sthash.Xdmk7Xol.dpuf
As a rule, do NOT add subawardees into GMAS continuations. Subawardees do not feed system-to-system when using gmas.
Only add them on the initial request stage.
The exception is when a new subaward is added part way through a grant. then go ahead and add only the new sub.
This is for when Harvard is the subawardee.
In GMAS, you only need enter the following three items:
Total/ target amount for all periods
Each periods Total Directs costs
Each periods Total Direct + Indirect